10 January 2023, All day
About the Project Incubator
The Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator supports the development of governments’ projects under the Commonwealth Blue Charter that accelerate their transition to fair, sustainable and inclusive marine conservation and maritime development, while mitigating and adapting to climate change.
The Incubator supports Commonwealth governments and their partners developing solutions that address shared ocean issues. While the grants are modest (£5k - £50k), the scope is large, and can include project-related capacity building, the writing of larger project proposals, ‘rapid assessments’, and proof-of-concept pilot projects. In summary, the Project Incubator:
- Encourages the development of projects under each of the Commonwealth Blue Charter Action Group themes;
- Focuses on the entire project cycle, including rapid assessments, proof-of-concept and small-sized projects;
- Assists in the development of funding proposals for medium-sized and larger projects;
- Provides mentoring and technical support;
- Facilitates project partnerships with non-governmental entities;
- Encourages planning for sustainability and scaling up, including regional initiatives;
- Supports ideas that dare to be different –innovative and cooperative solutions;
- Supports meeting global ocean commitments including ’30 by 30’ and the UN SDGs;
- Encourages the engagement of women, youth, LGBTI, Indigenous Peoples and local communities;
- Follows best practices, including transparency, accountability, and inclusivity.